Teen Leadership Opportunities in Colorado!
The Knight CIT offering at Renaissance Adventures is a unique leadership program where the teens become mentors to groups of younger kids and assistants to our adult counselors. By engaging in one of our exciting programs (such as Adventure Quest), Knight CITs help with activities, challenges, storytelling, plot dynamics, characters, safety, and leadership. Once teens have attended Knight CIT training, they can participate as a CIT during our summer camps and year-round holiday camps.
Knighthood CIT Training
All would-be and current Knights (including Master and Grandmaster Knights) attend Knighthood Training.
1. New Knight CITs: Teens who are new to the CIT program must participate in CIT training week or attend summer camp as a Squire. Read more about being a Squire below. Once training is complete, new CITs can participate in any of our Adventure Quest summer sessions as a Knight CIT at a 50% discount. You can register for training and your summer CIT weeks at the same time or add your CIT weeks at your leisure.
2. Returning CITs: Teens who have already participated in CIT training are asked to attend training each summer as we will review important safety information while also introducing new tools and rules. Master and Grandmaster level CITs attend training at no cost.
To Register as a Knight CIT
To attend camp as a Knight CIT, your teen must be at least 14 years old, have passed Knighthood Training, and be in good standing. You do not have to wait for training to be complete to register for summer CIT sessions that fall after their training week. A 50% discount has already been applied to the fees for our CIT sessions. Master and Grandmaster CITs attend training and summer CIT sessions at no cost. When registering your Master or GM CIT, you will find an option on the payment screen to request that we modify your fees. Selecting this option will allow you to register for CIT sessions at no cost. Please contact us if you unsure of your child’s CIT rank.
For participants already registered for CIT training:
1. Download and read theKnight CIT Packet before CIT training
2. Parents: review the CIT evaluation form with your teen before training
3. Register for your summer CIT weeks. You do not have to wait for training to be complete to register for summer weeks as a CIT.
What is a Squire? These are would-be Knights that are not yet full Knights because:
1. They are not yet 14 years old;
2. They did not pass the knighthood test; or
3. They live far from the training location and are unable to attend. In this
case, the teen must have attended camp as a Quester at least twice, and our Quest Leaders must verify
that the teen is a good candidate.
Please note, Squires act in the same capacity as Knight CITs even though they have not attended Training or taken the Knighthood Test. A Squire will undergo a one-week trial period to demonstrate that they would make a good Knight. At the end of the trial week, the Quest Leader decides whether the Squire can join as a Knight at apprentice rank, needs one more week as a Squire for proper evaluation, or is not yet ready to become a Knight. If a Squire is enrolled for more than one week, future weeks registered as a Knight are dependent upon the Squire trial period.
To Register as a Squire
Please contact the RA office to register as a squire. A squire will attend a week-long camp session, taking one of our 6 camper spots in the group. As they will be taking a camper spot, there is not a CIT discount for Squires. Squire tuition is the same as the camper tuition for the session that you choose.